Sunday, March 3, 2013

Car Accident - Stacy Lewis Holds On To Win Singapore Lpga Event - News

SINGAPORE (AP) Stacy Lewis experienced a case on the jitters. She additionally have ample kept in the woman game.

Lewis, the 2012 LPGA Player belonging to the Year, earned the HSBC Women's Champions with Sunday pertaining to your girlfriend sixth vocation title about the tour. She closed which has a 1-under 71, defeating two bogeys as well as some shaky wearing the bed seven to hold off of South Korea's Na Yeon Choi by simply one stroke.

"The very last about holes, I appeared to be pretty nervous, I'm not planning to lie," mentioned Lewis, who completed at 15-under 273 Sentosa Golf Club. "I only gamed tough and placed my travel along as well as tried using to make countless putts when I could, as well as luckily I emerged away considering the win."

Choi, which had a 72, was runner-up at the actual event regarding the second consecutive year. She shed to Angela Stanford in the four-player playoff past year.

Paula Creamer, hampered by a shoulder pain from a wreck last week around Thailand, stored a discuss with the cause first while in the day but been slow in creating using your ex gaining the rear nine and easy to your 71 to make third at thirteen under. Top-ranked Yani Tseng shot a new 74 to do attached pertaining to 28th.

Lewis plus Choi began the day that has a reveal regarding the lead, although Lewis been able to realize many distance having a excellent shot for the par-5 seventh hole.

After an extended drive away from this tee, Lewis hit a new 200-yard opportunity toward that pin that will ceased about 5 inches width short. She drawn on within with regard to eagle, making the woman's one shot in advance of Choi and also two well before Creamer.

"It was most likely one of many greatest images I've ever hit," Lewis said. "It needed to always be fairly close. I could not really say to from exactly where I had been but it surely was perfect."

The to come back nine, however, has been rarely as easy with the 28-year-old American.

Leading by a couple game for the 15th, Lewis reach her tee taken into your water to the second time frame that full week plus reprehended her club into your turf. The bogey made possible Choi that will pull within one.

"I reach your fairway (on 15) in the exercise rounds, nevertheless I failed to hit the idea with virtually any event day," your lover said. "I have a pair of from the water and a couple around the particular bunker. . Today I was simply just lucky to get away from now there that has a bogey."

Then, about the 17th, Lewis struck in the bunker off the tee as well as missed long par putt to unit card the girl subsequent bogey of the returning nine.

That presented Choi one past possibility to perhaps the fico score on the 18th, nonetheless the lady pulled your ex birdie putt wide by an inch. Lewis exhaled profoundly once making a par putt to win.

"Last year, I finished runner-up, too," Choi said. "I went towards this playoff plus lost. I seriously wished to acquire this week."

Creamer, looking regarding the woman tenth LPGA title, missed a new 20-footer intended for eagle with No. twelve through inches, covering up her mouth within disbelief. Then your lover barely missed some sort of 25-foot birdie putt on No. 14 and started laughing. Two far more near-misses followed on Nos. 15 as well as 16, wiping the particular smile from her face.

"I had several good, extended attempts and so they only failed to fall in. Sometimes it can be your mood in addition to from time to time it is really not," your woman said.

Creamer never dreamed she'd possibly be this particular near to the title following a wreck on the way towards airport inside Bangkok following a LPGA Honda Thailand event continue week.

She criticized the woman's perfect neck into your dashboard along with woke in place Thursday continue to numb. Her caddie, Colin Cann, in addition to fellow golfer Ai Miyazato were additionally injured. Miyazato withdrew prior to that event as a result of a tender back, neck and head.

"This is usually far more as compared to what I possibly bargained for," Creamer said. "Didn't possibly recognize when I ended up being likely to tee the item up. And taking a third right after what Colin and also I have been through, it truly is pretty good."

Tseng has been never a factor soon after the initial day. The five-time major successful has not won a new tournament within close to 12 months and can even rapidly eliminate her top rated position to Choi or Lewis, which goes around finally after this week.

"I don't hit this basketball wonderfully that week, although it's OK. You understand everyone will have next year another here," the lady said.

"World No. 1, I realize it is great as well as folks for instance it," the lady added. "But I prefer to treatment regarding average joe extra and I merely want to enjoy (my golf). If I get rid of (it), I'll reunite one particular day, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment